Borregaard LignoTech offers a range of products that can be used to extend finished resins or to replace the phenol in such resins fully or partially.
Urea Formaldehyde and Phenol formaldehyde based resins are used as glue in a number of industries, like: wood based panels, coatings, molding and insulation materials.
Since neither of these resins are naturally degradable they are coming under increasing restrictions due to tightening environmental exposure regulations. Hence, blends and part substitutions of oil-based phenolic resins with natural raw materials such as lignins/lignosulfonates are becoming more and more attractive to resin producers and end-users.
Borregaard LignoTech’s lignin based products can be used in different ways:
- As an “extender” for finished PF/UF resins
- As a cutting agent after the pre-condensation step during PF production
- As a “co-reactant” w/Phenol during the PF synthesis
Key benefits offered include:
- Green/environmentally friendly products
- Reduced finished resin cost